Digital Video Group, Inc. is an industry leading Broadcast and Production Technology company based in the mid-Atlantic with customers across the U.S.! We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Job Description Summary:
The Video Systems Engineer will work directly with sales staff and clients on a variety of levels of television broadcast and production integration projects. Qualified candidates must have broadcast and production integration and project management experience (AV experience is a plus), the ability to engineer and design systems in WireCAD comparable application, and skills in configuration and troubleshooting of numerous types of video systems. The engineer will report directly to the VP of Engineering to perform tasks as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with the sales engineer, account manager, and the client to manage a project from start to finish, including but not limited to: materials ordering per job, management of crew, coordination with order purchasing, coordination with vendors for commissioning and training, coordination with customer throughout project
- Provide engineering designs for broadcast video systems to include signal flow, rack elevations, and run lists for integration crews to base their installation on
- Provide pre-build and as-built CAD drawings using the WireCAD comparable application
- Commission systems with the help of vendors for specific equipment
- Provide system training with the assistance of vendors for specific equipment
- Provide technical support to end users
- Up to 75% travel may be required
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be a US citizen
- Minimum 5 years in similar position in the broadcast or production industry
- Minimum 2 years of integration experience and capability to terminate numerous types of cables
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Must be capable of working alone without direct supervision
- Must multitask and juggle multiple responsibilities at a time
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
High school diploma or equivalent. Two year technical degree in low voltage electronics and/or networking or related work experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, be able to climb ladders up to 20’ tall and be able to work in small spaces and on uneven surfaces. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
E-mail resumes, no phone calls please.