Junior Support Technician
Junior Support Technician
Full Time/Part Time: Full / Part Time / Contract
Reports To: Solutions Architect
Status: Non Exempt
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Installation Technician shall integrate solutions for corporate, educational, gaming, sports, and broadcast clients. This position will work closely with the Project Manager to perform tasks as directed to complete integrations. High level of computer skills required. Must be proficient in basic networking, basic computer building and troubleshooting, use of Windows – Mac OS (Linux a plus).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently pull, terminate, label, and test cabling between audio, video, data, and control equipment.
- Mount equipment in racks.
- Trouble shoot and build computer systems including basic networking
- Interface with clients to provide updates under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Solve mounting and signal flow issues as appropriate.
- Proactively identify potential technical and logistical issues and communicate them to the Project Manager or Engineer.
- Providing customer support for existing installations
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Up to 50% travel may be required
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be a US citizen
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of video, audio, and control connectors and cabling
- Ability to solder as well as terminate multiple styles of connections(BNC, RJ45, multi pin connectors, etc)
- Ability to read schematic drawings
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
High school diploma or equivalent. Two year technical degree in low voltage electronics and/or networking or related work experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, be able to climb ladders up to 20’ tall and be able to work in small spaces and on uneven surfaces. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
E-mail resumes, no phone calls please.