Full Time/Part Time: Full
Reports To: Controller
Status: Non Exempt
Summary – Duties and Responsibilities:
The Purchasing Agent/Buyer will be an integral member of the Business Ops team and will work closely with the Corporate Controller to strengthen the company’s ordering procurement process. The Purchasing/Buyer will be responsible for generating and managing all purchasing for both the commercial and government sales departments. In addition, the Purchasing Agent/Buyer will be providing supporting documentation to manage payables, receivables, payroll, and financial reporting. The ideal candidate will come from a similar industry background with relative QuickBooks and cost accounting experience.
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to sales quote, clarifying unclear items.
- Responsible for entering order details (e.g., vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases and assigning purchase requisitions to orders.
- Prepares purchase orders and sales orders by verifying specifications and price; obtains recommendations from sales managers as requested.
- Obtains purchased items by submitting orders with accompanying tax exemption certificate and via supplier portals, phone, and/or email.
- Tracks the status of orders for order entry to final delivery/ customer acceptance.
- Resolves shipments in error with suppliers and handles claims as needed.
- Verifies pricing and delivery of correct material and confirms final close out of sales orders.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Provides support for purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends, including cost analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of proven work experience in supply chain management, procurement, or related experience preferred.
- Understanding of supply chain procedures.
- Solid organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflows.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization including management.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constant changing priorities with enthusiasm, while maintaining efficiency.
- Willingness to cross-train to provide sufficient support to the Corporate Controller, and Business Operations team.
- High level proficiency with QuickBooks and MS Office applications.
- Maintain an unrelenting commitment to quality and customer service.
E-mail resumes, no phone calls please.