Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Reports To: VP of Broadcast Systems
Status: Non Exempt
Oversee project management by scheduling multiple projects at a time, ordering materials, coordinating with purchasing for equipment ordering and deliveries, scheduling commissioning and training. Assign staff to projects based on availability and priority of project schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage engineering and install team’s day to day schedule and workload and offer in house training and development opportunities
• Technically consult and provide feedback for television broadcast engineering, developing workflows and signal flows for new or existing projects. Must have extensive experience with HD and UHD technologies.
• Assist project engineers with commissioning as required
• Assess RFP and bid opportunities from a technical and logistical perspective
• Assist sales team in determining potential project scope and labor pricing
Additional Capabilities we would Consider a Plus:
• Commission broadcast systems including but not limited to routers, switchers, mixers, intercoms, cameras, and miscellaneous gear and provide training and post install support
• CAD design for special projects and CAD review for projects handled by other team members. WireCad, VidCad, AutoCad
• Up to 50% travel may be required
• Must be able to climb ladders up to 20’ high.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Solid written and verbal communication skills
* Understanding of broadcast video, audio, and control connectors and cabling
* Ability to read schematic drawings
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Education/Experience: Four year engineering or technical degree in low voltage electronics, and/or networking or related work experience preferred. Must have minimum of five years of television broadcast experience as a senior level project engineer.
Certificates and Licenses:
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Additional Certificates and Licenses we would Consider a Plus:
SMPTE Member – Certification
SBE Member – Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, be able to climb ladders up to 20’ tall and be able to work in small spaces and on uneven surfaces.
E-mail resumes, no phone calls please.